1 cup of old fashioned oats or steel-cut oats
1 cup of water
¼ teaspoon of salt
1 large pink lady or green apple – peeled, cored, and sliced
2 tablespoons of Earth Balance or any Vegan butter substitute
½ teaspoon of cinnamon
3 tablespoons of 100% maple syrup
2 tablespoons of water
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Add ¼ teaspoon of salt to water and stir in oats.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook oats for about 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. If the liquid has reduced before the oats are tender, stir in a bit more water and continue to cook.
- When done, set aside.
- In a medium skillet or saucepan, melt Earth Balance over medium heat.
- Add apples and water and cook until apples are almost tender.
- Add cinnamon and maple syrup. Sauté for an additional 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Spoon out a serving of oat meal into a bowl. Spoon out a serving of sautéed apples on top of oats and enjoy.