Makes 8 servings
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ stick of butter
- ½ cup dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups of chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons of bourbon
- 1 deep-dish pie shell
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- In a medium bowl, stir melted butter and sugar.
- Add corn syrup, eggs, pecans, vanilla and bourbon to mixture.
- Pour mixture into unbaked pie shell and bake for 10 minutes.
- Lower the temperature of the oven to 325 degrees and continue baking for an additional 30 minutes or until pie is set.
- Remove from the oven and let cook on a wire rack. Once cool, serve.
Tip: Place your pie on a cookie sheet when placing it in the oven to make transferring it easier.