When my mother and I are in the kitchen, it is simply hilarious. We go back and forth on recipes and somehow come up with delicious things. This sweet and salty mixture makes for the perfect glaze for any ham. The ham remains juicy and tender and can add personality to any dinner. This meat is also awesome for sandwiches after dinner is over.
1 spiral-sliced half ham
1 20 can of pineapple slices with juice
1-cup brown sugar
1/2-cup brown sugar, set aside
2 teaspoon of mustard
½ cup pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons of water
1 oven-cooking bag (turkey sized)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Score your ham by creating slices in a diamond pattern on the meats surface. Make diagonal cuts about 1 inch apart on the ham. It is important to cut through the skin lined outer layer of the ham so that the glaze can infuse.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup of brown sugar, mustard, maple syrup, pineapples, and water. Set aside.
- Rub ham with ½ cup of brown sugar and place in cooking bag. Close bag with nylon tie included with bag.
- Cut tiny slits on the top of the bag for steam to escape. Place in roaster and bake for 1 ½ hours
- Take turkey out of the oven and bag. Place back on the roaster. Spoon glaze mixture over the ham and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Remove ham from the oven and cut to serve.