Cookies are not the only treat you can make for the holiday season. Try candies, they are sure to please.
2 cups of pecans
1 stick of butter
1 cup of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of vanilla
½ cup of light corn syrup
8 ounces of sweet condense milk (1/2 can)
1 bag chocolate chips
½ tablespoon vegetable shortening
1. Place pecans on a cookie sheet and roast at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
2. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Arrange your pecans into clusters.
3. In a medium sauce pan, melt butter. After butter is melted, add brown sugar and stir. Once sugar has dissolved, add sweet condensed milk and corn syrup while stirring continually for 20-30 minutes over low heat.
4. Once caramel has thickened, remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
5. Drizzle a tablespoon of caramel over each nut cluster.
6. In a microwave or our double boiler, melt chocolate chips stirring 3 seconds at a time. After melted, add vegetable shortening and stir until smooth.
7. Spoon 1 tablespoon of chocolate on top of caramel nut clusters.
8. Let sit until settled and then transport them into the refrigerator to continue setting.
9. Once hard, serve. Store in airtight container.