If you love tart desserts, cherry pie is perfect. This pie is buttery, tart and delicious.
4 ½ cups of tart cherries, pitted
1-¼ cups of sugar
¼ cups of flour
½ teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1/3 stick of butter, melted
Dough for a 9-inch pie (Visit J’s Fried Apple Pie Recipe for Pie crust recipe)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix sugar, cinnamon and flour. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, mix cherries, vanilla extract, lemon juice and melted butter.
- Gradually add dry ingredients into cherry mixture. Be sure to coat as much as the cherries as possible with dry mixture. Set aside.
- Line a pie pan with thinly rolled dough. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Take out pie curst and spoon cherry mixture into crust. Once cherry mixture has been spooned into piecrust, cover the top of the pie with thinly rolled pastry. Add tiny slits to the top crust to ensure pie can breathe. Cover pie with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil from pie and bake for an additional 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown and juice begins to bubble through the slits of the pie.
- Cool before serving.