This past 4th of July holiday my husband and I had the opportunity to host our family. We wanted to steer away from traditional desserts, so we decided to do chocolate covered strawberries for the family. This was a very easy and simple sweet dessert that everyone enjoyed. You can really get pretty fancy with this one.
- 12 ounces of semisweet chocolate
- 6 ounces of white chocolate
- 2 pounds of strawberries
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Put the semisweet and white chocolate into 2 heatproof bowls. Fill 2 medium sauce pans with a couple of inches of water and bring to a simmer over medium heat if you do not have a double boiler. Set bowls on top of pots to allow the steam to help melt the chocolate.
- Line a sheet pan with waxed paper and spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Holding the strawberry by the stem, dip the fruit into the semisweet chocolate. When you pull the strawberry out of the chocolate, slightly twist to help excess chocolate drip back into bowl.
- Set strawberries on parchment paper and repeat.
- Dip a fork in the white chocolate mixture and drizzle.
- Set aside for about 20-30 minutes until harden, and serve.