Dying eggs during the Easter holiday is something that most families do every year. Most people do not know that you can have a lot of fun coloring eggs with things that you can find in your refrigerator. Yes, it may take a little work to get it done, but the results are amazing and you can avoid contact with unsafe chemicals for the little ones.
Light Blue – 2 cups of chopped cabbage
Pink – 1 cup of beet juice or 1 cup of strawberries
Yellow/Gold – The skin of 2 large yellow onions
Dark Blue/Purple – 1 cup of blueberries
- For each color you plan to create, boil 2 cups of water with ingredients in a sauce pan with a teaspoon of salt for 15 minutes.
- After boiling the ingredients of choice for 15 minutes, strain the water in a bowl and add a tablespoon of white vinegar to each dye.
- Allow dye to cool before submerging boiled eggs.
- Place boiled eggs in dye with a spoon and allow them to sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove eggs from dye and allow them to dry on parchment paper. Enjoy!