Makes 8 pancakes
- ¾ cup of butter milk
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set Aside.
- In a large bowl, mix milk, lemon juice, eggs.
- Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk. Add vegetable oil, lemon zest and vanilla to mixture and mix. It is important to keep lumps in your pancake mixture to ensure that they are fluffy and not too flat.
- On a griddle or large skillet, spray cooking spray until there is an even coat. Ladle batter onto the skillet.
- Cook until bubbles appear on the surface and then flip and cook until browned.