Last winter was pretty difficult for the Midwest. We had a series of storms that made driving conditions extremely difficult. My husband and I had the unfortunate opportunity of driving in one of those storms to visit our Aunt and Uncle. To our surprise when we arrived our Aunt had prepared a beautiful spread for us. One of my favorite dishes that she prepared was Orange Ginger Chicken. This chicken dish is sweet, spicy, and savory. Try this dish next time you are trying to take traditional chicken up a notch. INGREDIENTS
- 2 pounds of skin on chicken
- 3 tablespoons peeled minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- ½ cup of orange juice
- 1 sliced fresh orange
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix ginger, garlic, orange juice, brown sugar, and chili powder and set aside
- Season chicken with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour marinade on chicken and add fresh orange slices in a bowl.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Grill or bake until cooked through
- Let rest 3-5 minutes before serving