Britton Citchens is an awesome husband, father, and CHEF! During this dinner party series he will be my partner in crime. He came up with this phenomenal recipe for roasted red pepper mashed potato that was simply amazing. The smokiness of the red peppers paired with the goat cheese was rich and savory.
Outside of working on new phenomenal recipes, Britton works in optometry and enjoys playing with his kids and spoiling his beautiful wife, Ashley. This spring they are looking forward to rescuing a dog for their family. Be on the lookout for more amazing dishes from Mr. Citchens!
- 1-5lb bag of russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 small can of diced roasted red peppers
- ½ stick butter
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- ½ cup of whipping cream
- ½ cup of goat cheese or whipped cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons of cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, boil water and add potatoes.
- Once potatoes are tender, drain water and transfer in a large bowl.
- Add butter, minced garlic, red peppers, salt, pepper and goat cheese. Mash together with potatoes.
- After potatoes are mashed with some lumps, add whipping cream and cilantro. Continue mashing potatoes together until smooth.
- Set aside until ready to serve.