Sweet potatoes have quickly become one of my favorite foods. Growing up my family would often have sweet potatoes on Sundays. Though I love sweet potatoes with butter and all the fixings, I found there are tons of ways to prepare them. This recipe truly highlights how delicious a sweet potato really is without all of the added butter and sugar. This is a great complement to an earthy meal and is vegetarian and vegan friendly.
4 large sweet potatoes, cubed
4 teaspoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of fresh chopped rosemary
3 tablespoons of brown sugar (or agave nectar)
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place diced sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Drizzle olive oil and toss.
- Add rosemary, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Toss so that there is an even coat on sweet potatoes.
- Let potatoes marinate for 30 minutes before baking.
- Spray a large cooking sheet with cooking spray. Evenly distribute potatoes on cooking sheet and place in the oven.
- Cook potatoes for 20 minutes and flip and cook for an additional 15 minutes, or until tender.