- 2 sticks of butter softened
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla
- 2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- ¼ cup of butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- Food color of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until the mixture is smooth. Add egg and vanilla and mix.
- Gradually add dry ingredients into wet mixture and mix. If mixture is not wet enough add buttermilk a teaspoon at a time.
- Roll out dough and cut in desired shapes. Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until cookie is golden on the edges.
- Allow cookies to cool on a baking rack.
- In a large bowl cream butter, vanilla and milk.
- Gradually add powdered sugar and continue mixing.
- Add food coloring of your choice and continue to mix.
- Frost cooled cookies and enjoy.
If frosting is not the consistency desired, add more milk