1 bag small bag of frozen corn
2 carrot sticks, chopped
1 large sweet onion
1 small bunch of kale
3 stalks of Celery, chopped
1 tablespoon of minced garlic
1 teaspoon of thyme
2 boxes of chicken or vegetable broth
1 chicken or vegetable bullion cube
1 teaspoon of olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a medium pan, add olive oil. Sauté’ shallots, onion, carrots and celery until softened.
- Roughly chop kale and set aside
- In a large pot, add broth, garlic, bullion cube, thyme, corn and sautéed mixture. Bring to a slow boil until bullion cube has completely dissolved and the corn has cooked.
- Turn heat on low and add kale. Allow kale to soften, while still keeping the texture tender.
- Add salt and cracked pepper to taste.