ROLLED OATS AND ALMOST CRUST INGREDIENTS
1 cup of raw, soaked almonds
1 cup of rolled oats
6 pitted and soaked dates
¼ cup or raw honey
¼ cup of coconut oil
½ teaspoon of cinnamon
1 table spoon of pure vanilla
SWEET POTATO PIE FILLING INGREDIENTS
2 small sweet potatoes skinned, baked and mashed (You can also steam your potatoes)
1 teaspoon of Earth Balance
½ cup of 100% maple syrup
½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoons of ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon of ground ginger
¼ teaspoon of sea salt
¼ teaspoons of ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor, pulse almonds and oats into a ground texture. Slowly add dates, honey, coconut oil, cinnamon and vanilla.
- In a baking pie dish, pour the crust mixture and press to form the crust on the bottom and up the sides. Bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Take out the oven and set aside.
- In a high speed blender or food processor, add sweet potatoes, earth balance, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger, salt and cloves. Blend until smooth. If the mixture is not sweet enough for you, feel free to add more maple syrup, however be sure to not thin out mixture.
- In the pre-baked pie crust dish, add filling. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Let cool for 30 minutes and then set in the fridge to chill for an additional 30 minutes then serve.